This course focuses on issues of oxygen fire safety as related to operation and maintenance of oxygen systems wherever oxygen is used. A student will learn to identify the most common ignition mechanisms and recognize the use of approved oxygen compatible materials and the utilization of safe practices to minimize the risk and maximize awareness for oxygen fire prevention. Earn .3 CEUs, 3 PDHs or 6 category B CEUs for CHT/CHRNs. This course is designed to optimize a single user's experience. Test Drive the Course - View the 10 minute functional tour.
• Self-directed with full narration of material
• 30 day on-demand access (single user license)
• Modularized 20-30 minute sections for flexibility
• Total training time approximately 3 hours
• Flash-based web access
• Prepared by internationally recognized oxygen safety engineers
• Certificate issued upon successful completion
Goals & Outcomes
The learning goal of this course is to study industry best practices and incorporate them into daily oxygen system handling, operation and maintenance.
The student will examine the hazards of oxygen use, recognize compatible materials, identify common ignition mechanisms in oxygen systems, and describe industry best practices related to oxygen handling, system cleaning, inspection, assembly, operations and maintenance.
Who should take this course?
Individuals involved in the use, specification, procurement, operation, maintenance, instrumentation, safety, management or incident investigation of systems, components and fires involving liquid or gaseous oxygen or oxygen-enriched gas mixtures. This might include engineers, technicians, medical and health professionals, home healthcare personnel, safety and forensic experts, fire investigators, emergency responders, facility supervisors and plant managers, operators, maintenance personnel, distributors and refilling station personnel and individual users of oxygen.
Terms of Product
WHA Training Services Agreement »
~eTraining product purchases are non-refundable~
Adobe Flash Player 7.0+ required (newest version recommended)
High speed internet connection required (1.5Mbps+)
Minimum browser requirements
- Windows: Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 1, Google Chrome, Safari 3, Opera 9.5, Netscape 7, AOL 8, CompuServe 7
- Macintosh: Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome
- Firefox 1, Opera 9.5, Konqueror 3.3.1